Myro Control   |   Myro:Air   |   Myro:Bridge   |   Myro:Home   |   Contact   |   Support

Author Topic: The myro and Plex  (Read 10980 times)

eug7

The myro and Plex
« on: April 16, 2014, 11:32:21 pm »
Last few weeks I've been investigating Airplay receivers. It's more than I need. Basically, I've been using an older NAD to play through to a pair of Meridian powered speakers. The NAD has no remote. I'd love to be able to stream to an Airplay device instead with the Ipad and using my Plex music library as the source media NAS based.

Sounds like your product will do the job. Although a little pricey. Not sure I can swing it. I see where the product was just released a couple of days ago. Is there an introductory special price? How about a functional breadboard laying around for cheap?

Will the unit work on the powered speakers bypassing an amplifier?

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
Re: The myro and Plex
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 08:27:35 am »
Hi!  We'd like you to experience Myro:Air - since we do small production runs (and are a small company) we don't have the economies of scale the bigger guys do and our parts (e.g. wima capacitors and wolfson DAC) and labor (all U.S.A. based) are more expensive too.

We have a few review units out currently.  I may be able to offer one of those as a refurb when it comes back in. 

We don't have any units I can extend a discount right now... Create a support ticket (http://www.myrocontrol.com/support) so we have this in the system.  We'll let you know if a unit becomes available.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 08:33:28 am by Myro Control »

eug7

Re: The myro and Plex
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 11:01:28 pm »
Your offer is mighty generous. I did as you instructed. Should a refurb become available that would be great and if not I still very much appreciate the goodwill gesture.