Myro Control   |   Myro:Air   |   Myro:Bridge   |   Myro:Home   |   Contact   |   Support

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Why no audiophile Airport Express alternative?
« Last post by sutida7saengsri on August 13, 2018, 01:23:47 am »
My home system is built around an iMac running iTunes. The Airport Express is a great, inexpensive whole home digital streamer solution -- works with nearly all iOS apps, works with iTunes, etc. But I've discovered that if you want an audiophile experience (yes, limited to 16/44.1 or 16/48, I know, I know), I find that buffering the digital output on the Express to reduce jitter is pretty important. Makes an audible difference on high quality gear. So I'm using Airport Express -> Genesis Digital Lens -> Red Wine Audio Audeze Edition. ufabet

That's a lot of boxes, and the Genesis Lens is ancient by today's standards.

So I'm wondering why no one has built a simple Airplay streamer with a digital buffer and SPDIF digital output, so that we can use AirPlay but choose our own DAC. PS Audio once talked about such a product, but they didn't end up building it. The Arcam AirDAC has no digital outputs, and the Myro:Air doesn't do AirPlay wirelessly. And not clear that either of them take any anti-jitter steps.

Should be pretty simple -- basically, an audiophile version of the Airport Express (just the Airplay bits, not the hotspot bits, and no DAC). Essentially, a DAC-less audiophile version of the Airport Express...

I know, I know, you're all going to tell me that's too small a market. But in this era of Kickstarter funding, that seems wrong!
    We currently support Matrix Switchers by the following companies:

• Atlona
    • Extron
    • Gefen
    • Grandbeing
    • HD Anywhere
    • Intelix
    • Key Digital
    • Kramer
    • Monoprice
    • Octava Inc.
    • SnapAV
    • Wyrestorm
    • Niles
    • CYP
    • Nexus & Leaf Matrix
    • Xantech
    • Vanco

If you need support for a matrix switcher not listed, please create a support ticket and submit the RS-232 protocol document.

Hi,

Will the myro: bridge work with a Monoprice BlackBird 8x8?
General Discussion / Re: Myro:Home / Myro:Home Helper for iOS / MacOS
« Last post by jraymonds on June 08, 2018, 07:15:51 am »
Still interested in testing -- especially when iOS version can get pushes from the helper.
I use my Myro:air all the time; i simply love it.
And yet I think I know the answer to the question ; I'm asking anyway.

Danny could you ever update firmware for Myro:Air to support AirPlay 2?
Has Apple released API info to 3rd parties for this?

TIA!
« Last post by JPP on May 09, 2018, 02:22:31 pm »
Done. Many thanks.
« Last post by Myro Control on May 07, 2018, 10:54:07 am »
Create a support ticket with your email address and I will send you the latest beta of MHH.
« Last post by JPP on May 05, 2018, 03:51:25 pm »
Any news? I really, really would like to use your app and would be happy to be a beta tester. Haiku Helper and Haiku for iOS are on life support.....
« Last post by Myro Control on March 27, 2018, 11:41:47 am »
@JPP, that is an option.   I'll add your name to the beta list.  I've already expanded it to a wider audience and once I get those folks testing out the Push Notifications with the helper app, I'll begin the next phase which is the iOS app (which can be used with or without the helper, obviously sans notifications).  Thanks for your interest!
« Last post by JPP on March 25, 2018, 11:51:54 am »
I would be willing to pay a good amount for a good app, so maybe you get fewer interested parties but make up for it in revenue.

Patiently waiting.....
« Last post by Myro Control on March 19, 2018, 12:57:56 pm »
Hi -- yes, added a few more people to the beta testing... that said, unfortunately, I can count the number of interested people on all my fingers and toes that have contacted me about being interested in this project.   It seems based on what I can gauge, this is a fairly limited user base?   

Don't fret, this is still very much a pet project of mine as I want it for my own home use (have been using it for months myself) -- it just may not move as quickly as say we had 100's of folks knocking at the door.  Can you help spread the word?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10