Myro Control   |   Myro:Air   |   Myro:Bridge   |   Myro:Home   |   Contact   |   Support

Author Topic: "My:ro home vs snaplink?  (Read 6586 times)

Stevefil

• View Profile
"My:ro home vs snaplink?
« on: January 20, 2019, 03:40:48 am »
I have had the omni system in my home for over 20 years and have had some expensive repairs done to it lately,  so am very committed.   We are observant Jews and have used the system to control our house for the sabbath (we are forbidden to initiate or electrical devices or lighting for 25 hours) ever since installation.  Twenty years ago, it was the only combined alarm / automation solution that was not overly geeky and difficult to program. We were way ahead of our time and have a lot invested in x10 switches, etc, so I am not changing out the whole thing.   As a Mac user, I finally bit the bullet and installed Parallels / windows to program the system with the dealer interface, since there never will be a Mac OS solution from Leviton. 

It’s true, they seem to care less and keep this product going with minimal support.

That said I do have SnapLink, which is adequate for a controller perspective.  This looks a lot more comprehensive but still does not have the programming capabilities.  It seems to work most of the time, but does not reliably show the correct status of units.

How is my:rob home better?
Is there also an iOS/iPad or macOS program interface?

« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 03:54:00 am by Stevefil »

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
Re: "My:ro home vs snaplink?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 04:17:59 pm »
Hi Steve!  Thanks for your interest in Myro:Home — we have both an iOS app that is an interface like snaplink but power powerful.   We also offer Myro:Home Helper that is a macOS app that can expose your HAI units as HomeKit accessories where you can then do more automation with apple’s Home App.

Hope this helps — let me know if you have any other questions.