Myro Control   |   Myro:Air   |   Myro:Bridge   |   Myro:Home   |   Contact   |   Support

Author Topic: Complaints About Streaming Music/Video from Android Phone to Russound MCA-C5  (Read 19421 times)

solomonk

Hi,

I'm new to the distributed A/V home system world. Just installed a Russound MCA-C5 system in my home with 8 zones wired. I have it connected to my network and can control from the Russound app on my android phone. I'm also getting the Myro bridge to connect my Atlona PRO34x4 maxtrix switcher for HD distribution.

My problem is, I want to be able to stream my music/video from my Android phone to any zone. And I don't want to have to buy any Apple product (yea, anti-Apple!!). So I thought my solution is the Myro Air. But I was informed by my installer that they've tested the Air and it has problems (to use his words, it's crap!!) He says it cuts off a lot. That there's always firmware issues and that it doesn't work when the internet is not available. He still recommending I get an Ipod and airport express (which I'm resisting strongly!)

I'm no techie, so I decided to bring all these complaints here and get other people's experiences and maybe some answers from the forum.

Thanks
Solomonk

rileydogmi

Um, I would replace your installer and not Myro - I use Myro and love it - what firmware issues?  I never have had to touch it and I have serial number 102 of the Air.  I use (2) MCA-C5's (16 zones) - no problems here.  I don't use Android (anti Google myself) so I can't respond to that junk  :)

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
Hi,

I'm new to the distributed A/V home system world. Just installed a Russound MCA-C5 system in my home with 8 zones wired. I have it connected to my network and can control from the Russound app on my android phone. I'm also getting the Myro bridge to connect my Atlona PRO34x4 maxtrix switcher for HD distribution.

My problem is, I want to be able to stream my music/video from my Android phone to any zone. And I don't want to have to buy any Apple product (yea, anti-Apple!!). So I thought my solution is the Myro Air. But I was informed by my installer that they've tested the Air and it has problems (to use his words, it's crap!!) He says it cuts off a lot. That there's always firmware issues and that it doesn't work when the internet is not available. He still recommending I get an Ipod and airport express (which I'm resisting strongly!)

I'm no techie, so I decided to bring all these complaints here and get other people's experiences and maybe some answers from the forum.

Thanks
Solomonk

Hi Solomonk,

Thanks for posting this to the forum -- also if you wouldn't mind, please create a support ticket with your installers name and contact details and I'll be more than happy to personally contact them to find out why he thinks it's "crap" and hopefully correct any issues he experienced.  We haven't had anyone return a Myro:Air yet, so I'm not even sure he's ordered or even used one.

Cutting out of AirPlay stream typically means poor network WiFi connection from the AirPlay source (computer or iOS device) and not the Myro:Air.  I use Myro:Air daily in my own home and lots of others are using it too with out issues related to Russound & AirPlay combo.

There are Android apps that allow you to stream to AirPlay enabled speakers/receivers.  Those work well with Myro:Air.  I have a few Android tablets myself that we use to test with.

Cheers!
Danny
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 01:45:51 pm by Myro Control »

solomonk

I think I'm going to try out Myro Air. Please advise me on the best android apps to stream to the Russound MCA-C5.

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
I think I'm going to try out Myro Air. Please advise me on the best android apps to stream to the Russound MCA-C5.

Via Android, you can stream natively as Myro:Air is a UPnP/DLNA enabled device.   If you want to AirPlay via Android, you can use AirAudio (it needs to be rooted) or AllCast if you don't want to root.