Myro Control   |   Myro:Air   |   Myro:Bridge   |   Myro:Home   |   Contact   |   Support

Author Topic: Myro:Home / Myro:Home Helper for iOS / MacOS  (Read 57794 times)

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
Myro:Home / Myro:Home Helper for iOS / MacOS
« on: September 17, 2017, 09:57:51 pm »
Hello folks -- frustrated like you and a fan of the Haiku Helper and Haiku, I've decided to rebuilt a similar application keeping Weather, Push Notifications, Energy, etc.  I removed some features like scripting and their web interface as that I think was too difficult for people to understand and use but added a couple other features to make up (specific push notification triggers, logging, etc).   

I created Myro:Home for the PC years ago and when Haiku came out, I used Myro:Home on my touch panel and Haiku/Haiku Helper on my iOS devices.  The push notifications were the best part... I was sad to see them kill the product.  I am excited to see what they come up with next, but for now I need something to replace it -- so I'm bringing Myro:Home to iOS/WatchOS.

Anyways, Myro:Home Helper is currently in beta testing -- let me know if you are a current Haiku Helper user, I'd like to chat with you.

Myro:Home for iOS is also in final development -- rebuilt all the core connectivity using SWIFT language -- it has a WatchOS 3 app as well where you can trigger your "favorites" easily -- I use it for my garage door, etc.

I'd like to know what features you guys liked from Haiku and what you didn't -- let's not even talk about Spaces. ;)

How much feedback I get will dictate how much efforts I put in releasing to public... currently I'm building this for myself with the idea of putting it in the App Store for others to enjoy/migrate to.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 02:28:32 pm by Myro Control »

eleben

• View Profile
Re: Myro:Home / Myro:Home Helper for iOS / MacOS
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 03:06:20 pm »
Hi Danny,

Definitely interested in moving to this - I honestly just miss the push notifications.

I also use openhab since it integrates with HomeKit

Thanks,
David

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 10:33:01 am »
Push notifications are done and working well -- I have HomeKit core completed -- just need to get it "wired" into the MyroHomeHelper code now.

JPP

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 09:40:45 am »
I am a long time Haiku/Haiku Helper on Mac/iOS and desperately want a replacement iOS app to fix push notifications. Count me in. Thanks for working on this.

JPP

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 03:10:11 pm »
BTW, if it matters, I have an old HAI Omni controller system in my house with old touchpanels. I control security/alarm (including hard wired smoke alarms) and climate (multiple room thermostats for a hydronic radiant heat system). I do not really care about seeing the weather on my iPhone app. I do need to be able to 'reach in' and control my panel from the iPhone app (turn alarm/security on and off, adjust thermostats). I do use Comcast as my ISP with a dynamic IP. I have DYN service on my Mac @ home (always running), and leave the existing old Haiku Helper app running to be able to monitor the HAI Omni panel and push out notifications. I would pay a lot for new up-to-date functionality to allow a Haiku equivalent iOS app to run on my iPhone X under iOS 11. FWIW, I was actually surprised that iOS 11 did not actually break Haiku, and am glad I can still see and control my panel, but I do miss the push notifications.

jraymonds

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 06:35:21 am »
YES! Looking for anything to replace Haiku and its vaporware successor. Push notifications died (again) when upgrading our iPhones. Maybe there is yet again another work around but I would rather support (and get support from) an existing product.

SJHT

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2017, 08:40:18 am »
Count me in as well.  Really need a replacement for HaikuHelper.  Most important item being push notifications.  Thanks.  SJ

elbe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 10:32:39 am »
Count me in as well.  Really need a replacement for HaikuHelper.  Most important item being push notifications.  Thanks.  SJ

+1 on Push!
Also looking forward to HomeKit integration.

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 08:13:51 am »
Hi!  I have you all on the list to Beta test -- making good progress on the Myro:Home Helper app.

Currently, we're targeting the app to run on MacOS 10.11 and greater...  Ideally, the latest 10.13+.  Reason for not supporting older versions of the MacOS is that the app is written in the Swift language and that wasn't supported in previous versions.

It can run on a lower powered MacMini just fine and shouldn't consume much system resources.

We're still doing some extensive QA to make sure there aren't any leaks/crashes...

Will let you all know when it's ready in public Beta form!

sep23

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2017, 11:48:11 pm »
Hello,
Can you add me to the beta test list too? I am running Haiku/Haiku Helper with my Omni II Pro system and would love to see a more modern implementation with support for iOS and Apple's HomeKit and Siri also Alexa). Your Myro:Home product sounds amazing. Any idea at this point when you anticipate releasing it? Let me know. Thanks

Scott

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2017, 09:02:58 pm »
Hello,
Can you add me to the beta test list too? I am running Haiku/Haiku Helper with my Omni II Pro system and would love to see a more modern implementation with support for iOS and Apple's HomeKit and Siri also Alexa). Your Myro:Home product sounds amazing. Any idea at this point when you anticipate releasing it? Let me know. Thanks

Scott

Hi Scott -- will do.

_jay_

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2017, 08:16:36 pm »
Sign me up, OmniPro II/Haiku user...

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2018, 06:53:40 pm »
Happy New Year!

Made lots of progress over the holiday break -- squashed lots of bug too.

Push notifications (with custom messaging) and data logging are both complete.   

Data logging of any controller object (you enable) to CSV for now — allows for tracking temp changes or zone usage.  Will use that data for ML in the future.

Here is a sneak peek of HomeKit working -- you select the objects you want enabled as HomeKit accessories.

2MuchTech

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2018, 08:59:42 pm »
Hi Danny,

I'm glad to see that you're making progress.  My need for a new solution became more urgent today... I've been using Growl to push notifications from HaikuHelper since iOS push stopped working, but for some reason that I have yet to figure out, Growl also stopped working early this morning.  I don't know if they're having server issues on their end or if something else is broken, but now I have no notifications, and that's a big problem!

How close do you think you are to letting some of us beta test your new app?

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2018, 07:43:08 am »
Hi Danny,

I'm glad to see that you're making progress.  My need for a new solution became more urgent today... I've been using Growl to push notifications from HaikuHelper since iOS push stopped working, but for some reason that I have yet to figure out, Growl also stopped working early this morning.  I don't know if they're having server issues on their end or if something else is broken, but now I have no notifications, and that's a big problem!

How close do you think you are to letting some of us beta test your new app?

Very close — I can release the helper as a download but for the iOS app I’ll need to release it via TestFlight.   The iOS app (for now) is just a simple one that scans the QR code from the helper app and pairs to the notification service.  That will allow you to test the push notifications on your iOS device.

What version of MacOS are you running?  You can send me an email or create a support ticket if you want to communicate about your specifics.