Myro Control   |   Myro:Air   |   Myro:Bridge   |   Myro:Home   |   Contact   |   Support

Author Topic: Display GUI and IP Camera views  (Read 18425 times)

pete

Display GUI and IP Camera views
« on: May 18, 2013, 08:34:49 am »
Playing today with your excellent touchscreen interface!

I currently utilize an HAI OPII with a couple of means of interfaces.  That said I do have Omnitouch legacy and Omnitouch IP touchscreens.

Included in the HAI wares is also an Omnitouch / Video hub which I use with the legacy stuff. 

My newest touchscreens are of the 16:9.  These run Linux, Android and Wintel.  I am playing today with a Wintel based touchscreen.

1 - The display resolution is 16:9 and 800 X 480.  Is there a way to adjust the display such that if fills the screen?

2 - I am just starting to get into HD IP cameras and have been utilizing Zoneminder for many years.  That said I do have issues but can display my security cameras.  I use a simple link.  Here is what I use for the Omnitouch Extended Setup IP cameras which kind of works but only gives me a 4:3 display which I do not really like.

My preference is to utilize the camera server which today has 8 analog and 8 IP cameras.

Camera #1
Type: JPEG
Address/URL:
Code: [Select]
http://192.168.244.166/cgi-bin/nph-zms?mode=jpeg&monitor=1&scale=100&maxfps=5&buffer=1000&user=touch&pass=haiNumber: One

Is there a way to utilize the above mentioned link and provide a 16:9 view.  IE: I utilize 320X184, 640X368, 1280X720 (HD)?

BTW I tried to add a 3rd picture which is 118KB but had issues so will post in next message.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 08:44:25 am by pete »

pete

Re: Display GUI and IP Camera views
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 08:45:07 am »
Here is what I see on the Omnitouch legacy and IP touchscreens.

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 01:46:07 pm »
Hi Pete --

1 - The display resolution is 16:9 and 800 X 480.  Is there a way to adjust the display such that if fills the screen?

I have a version that I will be releasing soon that offers 16:9 resolution.

2 - I am just starting to get into HD IP cameras and have been utilizing Zoneminder for many years.  That said I do have issues but can display my security cameras.  I use a simple link.  Here is what I use for the Omnitouch Extended Setup IP cameras which kind of works but only gives me a 4:3 display which I do not really like.

My preference is to utilize the camera server which today has 8 analog and 8 IP cameras.

Camera #1
Type: JPEG
Address/URL:
Code: [Select]
http://192.168.244.166/cgi-bin/nph-zms?mode=jpeg&monitor=1&scale=100&maxfps=5&buffer=1000&user=touch&pass=haiNumber: One

Is there a way to utilize the above mentioned link and provide a 16:9 view.  IE: I utilize 320X184, 640X368, 1280X720 (HD)?

BTW I tried to add a 3rd picture which is 118KB but had issues so will post in next message.

This is great feedback -- I will add 16:9 support to camera images.

Thanks!
Danny

pete

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 05:33:27 pm »
Thanks Danny!

I am a bit into Home Automation here and lately into different touchscreens. 

I utilize the HAI Omnipro 2 as the primary for security, HVAC, Lightning and the Russound stuff.

The directly connected to the Omnipro 2 are the Omnitouch 5.7 & 5.7e screens and now your touchscreen application (testing some). 

I also utilize software with a serial connection to the Omnipro II and a custom touch screen builder.  I also utilize a similiar to your application with prebuilt screens and the ability to add variables and graphics using the base screens.  That said though I replicate much utilizing mostly UPB, Z-Wave and still some X10.  That and I am into weather and weather graphing stuff.  All in all though there are 16 serial analog to digital devices connecting to the software automation server.

Lately starting to switch all of the analog SD cameras over to HD IP.  Very nice quality pictures.  I do also utilize 4:3 17" capacitance touch screen displays.  These are a bit large and a bit low on the WAF.  I also have a couple of 4:3 8" resistance style touchscreens.  Mostly now though all over the house are small 8" 800X480 capacitance touch screen table top tablet things.  Mostly just testing these (bugging wife with 3 in the master bedroom).

I look forward to your updated 16:9 touch displays (you are winning me over as a customer!).

Attached is a picture of the flash based touchscreen application that I utilize.