Myro:Bridge > General Discussion

Myro stops controlling KD matrix

(1/2) > >>

techelec:
The Myro will not output serial data to the KD matrix, but if I connect my PC to the USB port and use the debugging tool, it outputs perfectly.  I have tried two different power supplies and I can see that the power is on, but it wants to see my PC connected instead of a power supply of 5 vdc.  Any ideas?  I have the firmware that allows for offline mode installed and am only using a router for IP, as it has no internet connection. (on a boat) Thanks.

Myro Control:
Can you provide us with the model of KD matrix you are trying to control? 

Also, can you verify you can control the KD matrix via a PC via Serial?

We can setup a time to chat on the phone, could be quicker to troubleshoot.  Create a support ticket: http://www.myrocontrol.com/support

Thanks!

techelec:
Yes.  It is a KD 4 x 4 CSX and the serial output is working, but only as long as my laptop is connected to the MYRO USB port, not with any of the 5 volt USB power supplies that I have tried, including the original one that came with it.  So... it all works, I just have to have my laptop feeding USB power and enable the debugging tool.  I  cleared the unit and reflashed the firmware as well.

Yes, I can email you when I am back on that job again and we can speak, but it won't be till next week.  I will give you some notice and realize you are 3 hours different.  Thanks a lot.

Myro Control:
Do you want me to ship you another unit?   If so, please create a support ticket, http://www.myrocontrol.com/support and we'll ship one out.

techelec:
Just another question first.  This system will work all day just fine, maybe two days, but at some point the video switching will cease.   I went there today and cycled power simultaneously to all components, still no switching.  If I "reboot" the bridge all is well again switching sources, etc.   Is there a way to make a power cycle a "reboot?"  It seems as thought the bridge needs to be rebooted occasionally to work. Can an issue with the RNET data cause this?   

Btw, there is no internet connection, but a router is connected and the Myro has the latest firmware for offline mode.  I cleared the Myro and reflashed it again last week with the same firmware.  It appears as though I have a Bridge that is going awry, but I want to make sure that the RNET data cannot corrupt it???  Reason I ask it that I am having issue with a command that sends  "PLAY"  to the Bluray player to wake it up when that source is selected.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version