Myro Control   |   Myro:Air   |   Myro:Bridge   |   Myro:Home   |   Contact   |   Support

Author Topic: Myro:Home / Myro:Home Helper for iOS / MacOS  (Read 57748 times)

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
Re: Myro:Home / Myro:Home Helper for iOS / MacOS
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2018, 08:00:12 pm »
Myro:Home for iOS/WatchOS has been released! 

Here is a direct link to:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/myro-home-for-leviton-hai/id1334786091#?platform=iphone

jmorris644

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2018, 09:00:38 am »
Thanks for making the app.

A couple of things:

1. I installed the iPhone app. It found my Omni Pro II and downloaded all of the configuration. (I was able to watch it as it went by.) But, I can only see the thermostat and security items. Is there any control of lights, outputs, etc?

2. In regards to this forum. The style of captcha that you are using is extremely unreadable. I am using Chrome on a Win10 laptop.

Thanks

Joe

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2018, 11:47:39 am »

A couple of things:

1. I installed the iPhone app. It found my Omni Pro II and downloaded all of the configuration. (I was able to watch it as it went by.) But, I can only see the thermostat and security items. Is there any control of lights, outputs, etc?

2. In regards to this forum. The style of captcha that you are using is extremely unreadable. I am using Chrome on a Win10 laptop.

Thanks

Joe

Hi Joe!

1) The free version only does what you mention.  The paid (subscription) version includes a 14-day trial and will be full featured.

2) I know, it's a pain, but it also keeps the spammers at bay too.

jmorris644

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2018, 06:37:37 am »

A couple of things:

Thanks

Joe

Hi Joe!

1) The free version only does what you mention.  The paid (subscription) version includes a 14-day trial and will be full featured.

2) I know, it's a pain, but it also keeps the spammers at bay too.

Cool on #1.

Not cool on #2.

2.1 My point was not to eliminate the captcha. Just use a different captcha because I cannot read the captcha. I have to refresh it a few times to get a version that is readable. Maybe its just me, but it is a real pain.

2.2 Will I always have to answer all of the questions as well as try and interpret the captcha for every post?

2.3 I cannot figure out how to notify me when a topic is responded to. So I received no notice when you answered my post. (I figured thsi one out. :)

These 3 things combined will eventually tire me out and I will cease to use this forum. I just wanted you to know.

Thanks

Joe
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 06:39:15 am by jmorris644 »

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2018, 08:08:23 am »
OK - I changed the captcha to be easier to read.  Hope that helps.

jmorris644

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2018, 09:11:30 am »
OK - I changed the captcha to be easier to read.  Hope that helps.

Dang. I didn't get it now!! :)

Maybe after so many posts it becomes unnecessary?

Joe

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2018, 10:47:10 am »
Yup -- you shouldn't get them after a certain amount of posts...

TheCodeMan

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2018, 06:39:02 am »
I am testing this and I'm very pleased with what I see so far. My biggest concern is the lack of ongoing support or number of end-users driving the product.

Before purchasing, I do have a few questions. I have it configured on my PC and most everything is working. Here is what is not:

1 - IP cameras, I am using Hikvision and my initial testing is not going well.

2 - The stocks information, is this modifiable and if so, where? All I see is a spinning wheel for some reason.

3 - I don't quite understand the pay model. If you purchase the PC-based My:ro complete, does that entitle you to install the front end on multiple PCs attached to the same HAI Omni system? Also, is the iPhone app subscription based only? What are the limitations if you elect not to be a subscriber?

Thanks in advance for developing this product. It is very much a niche application but for people who use and depend on it, it's a welcome sight.

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2018, 08:00:23 am »
I am testing this and I'm very pleased with what I see so far. My biggest concern is the lack of ongoing support or number of end-users driving the product.

Thanks!  I started Myro Control in 2009 and the PC app was the first product -- I use it in my own home.  That said, the PC app never got commercial success and thus I haven't kept it updated and have moved on to the MacOS suite of Myro:Home (Helper and iOS/WatchOS app).

1 - IP cameras, I am using Hikvision and my initial testing is not going well.
The PC app only supports JPEG -- I'd use the iOS app instead.  That uses either MJPEG, JPEG in a custom written viewer or RTSP using VLC.

2 - The stocks information, is this modifiable and if so, where? All I see is a spinning wheel for some reason.

I'll look into this -- the data license could have expired.  Again, please use iOS instead unless I see an uptick in PC interest, I can dust off the project.

3 - I don't quite understand the pay model. If you purchase the PC-based My:ro complete, does that entitle you to install the front end on multiple PCs attached to the same HAI Omni system? Also, is the iPhone app subscription based only? What are the limitations if you elect not to be a subscriber?

I will be releasing a new website soon that should remove the confusion... when I launched Myro:Home for PC, I planned on direct sales but then the iPad and iPhone came out and essentially killed the PC application market because people expected $0.99 apps.   So for the iOS app, in order to keep this project going I'm using a subscription model.  The free version gives you security control and that's about it.   The subscription model unlocks all features as long as you are a supporter/subscriber.   

Thanks in advance for developing this product. It is very much a niche application but for people who use and depend on it, it's a welcome sight.

Yes, it's a very niche market -- I wrote these apps for myself and thought others would want it as well.  As you know, writing code for yourself (family use) vs commercially selling it are two different things... the amount of effort I've had to go through to polish the app and QA is orders of magnitude higher than if I were to only use it myself.  I know people will have issues with pricing, but I value my time and want to be able to keep this project going if there is a business model behind it. 

Thanks for your support!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 08:02:32 am by Myro Control »

jmorris644

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2018, 08:13:21 am »
One thought to provider you with more money.

It may be too late but if you build the IOS app as a PWA you can then host it yourself, not pay Apple for their ridiculous fee, and it will also work on Android.

Just a thought.

Joe

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2018, 09:15:36 am »
It may be too late but if you build the IOS app as a PWA you can then host it yourself, not pay Apple for their ridiculous fee, and it will also work on Android.

Thought about that, but I wanted (and have further plans) to utilize Apple's capabilities, specifically Siri Shortcuts, WatchOS and CoreML.  I am also personally more aligned with Apple's privacy mindset (keeping data on device) especially given the extremely personal nature of our homes.   If I really wanted to make money, I could provide the app for free and sell all the home use and customer data... but that is not inline with Myro Control's business.  I just want to provide great software/capabilities and in return people support that mindset with a reasonable yearly payment.   Paying Apple for handling the transactions and continued development tools I feel is reasonable on their part.

TheCodeMan

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2018, 10:47:27 am »
I haven't downloaded the app for an iPad yet. Is it any different? From what I can see the iPhone app doesn't have stocks and the camera info is unavailable, I assume because I am not a subscriber.

So just to confirm, If I become a subscriber, I can install on an unlimited number of iPhones and iPads connecting to the same HAI Omni system?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 10:49:03 am by TheCodeMan »

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2018, 10:56:49 am »
I haven't downloaded the app for an iPad yet. Is it any different? From what I can see the iPhone app doesn't have stocks and the camera info is unavailable, I assume because I am not a subscriber.

No, the iOS app is complete different application and design.  The PC version was to be used as a touchscreen replacement, I use to bundle it with an in-wall touch screen.   The iOS app is more for on the go but can be used in-wall, etc.   The stock and weather is not part of the iOS app as those require expensive licenses which people would never pay for as they come as part of iOS.

So just to confirm, If I become a subscriber, I can install on an unlimited number of iPhones and iPads connecting to the same HAI Omni system?

Can't say "unlimited" but you can install on as many devices Apple allows for as part of their home sharing plan.

TheCodeMan

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2018, 08:41:54 am »
Aarggh! Unfortunately I can't test on an iPad. It looks like the app requires IOS 10 or better. While I have a few iPads laying around, they are fairly old, the newest runs 9.x but that's it.

Guess I'm stuck with the PC app only.

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2018, 08:43:44 am »
Aarggh! Unfortunately I can't test on an iPad. It looks like the app requires IOS 10 or better. While I have a few iPads laying around, they are fairly old, the newest runs 9.x but that's it.

Guess I'm stuck with the PC app only.

Yeah, just cannot support anything older than iOS 10 because Apple changed so much -- I'd need to essentially support two different codebases.   Way too few "customers" to justify it...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 12:00:59 pm by Myro Control »