Myro Control   |   Myro:Air   |   Myro:Bridge   |   Myro:Home   |   Contact   |   Support

Author Topic: MyroBridge Sonos question and suggestions  (Read 12704 times)

Sschnell

MyroBridge Sonos question and suggestions
« on: October 27, 2013, 05:28:51 am »
Two items.

1.  The latest update from Sonos (sometime in the last few weeks) appears to have changed the metadata such that the myrobridge is no longer able to correctly retrieve track information for display on my MDKc5 keypads or the Russound IOS application.  Could you check this?  Is there a fix coming?

2.  While the bridge does its job very well with metadata and transport control for a single Pandora station that i have preset using the Sonos client software, it would be so much more useful if i could use the keys on the mdkc5 to traverse at least some portion of the menu structure on the Sonos.  For example, I use pandora most.  It would be very valuable use the some buttons on the MDKC5 to step up and down in the hierarchy so I can switch to different "stations" that I have preconfigured in Pandora.

I realize it is not likely to completely control the Sonos box form the russound keypad, but being able to traverse existing configured stations in Pandora (or Tunein radio) would be a huge step forward.

Interested to hear what you think. 

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
Re: MyroBridge Sonos question and suggestions
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 11:12:56 am »
Hi -- thanks for the feedback.

For item #1 -- we are running the latest version from Sonos and everything is working fine.  Can you provide a couple more details:

1) What Myro:Bridge firmware version are you running?   You can find out by logging into the onboard webpage.  It's listed next to the RNET ID.

2) Did you try rebooting the Myro:Bridge after you updated the Sonos?  You need to do this to resync the two.

Also, feel free to open a support ticket (http://www.myrocontrol.com/support)

Sschnell

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 05:30:20 pm »
thanks Danny,

I rebooted and now everything works.

Any thoughts on my other comments?

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 07:54:18 pm »
thanks Danny,

I rebooted and now everything works.

Any thoughts on my other comments?

After a Sonos update you must also reboot the Myro:Bridge.  Beyond a Sonos update you should rarely have to reboot the Myro:Bridge.