Myro Control   |   Myro:Air   |   Myro:Bridge   |   Myro:Home   |   Contact   |   Support

Author Topic: Myro:Bridge - Matrix switcher firmware supported device list  (Read 42497 times)

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
    We currently support Matrix Switchers by the following companies:

• Atlona
    • Extron
    • Gefen
    • Grandbeing
    • HD Anywhere
    • Intelix
    • Key Digital
    • Kramer
    • Monoprice
    • Octava Inc.
    • SnapAV
    • Wyrestorm
    • Niles
    • CYP
    • Nexus & Leaf Matrix
    • Xantech
    • Vanco

If you need support for a matrix switcher not listed, please create a support ticket and submit the RS-232 protocol document.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 01:04:54 pm by Myro Control »

jayday

Re: Myro:Bridge - Matrix switcher firmware supported device list
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 07:37:03 am »
Which of the supported switchers have been tested with HD Video on the Russound MCA-C5? I want to switch HD Video similar to SD switching on the CAV6.6.

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 08:11:14 am »
I've updated the list with the new switchers we support ---

We recommend Key Digital and Wyrestorm matrix switchers.   SnapAV, Octava, Atlona are also great and have been tested.

jayday

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 11:03:13 am »
Thanks for the update.  So Key Digital products such as KD-4x8, KD-6x6, KD-8x4 & KD-8x8 should switch HD Video with the Russound MCA-C5?

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 06:40:58 pm »
For sure!   Key Digital has a single protocol for their switchers which makes it very nice to integrate with.   That said, if you plan on "daisy changing" 4x8's to accomplish a 4x16, our firmware has another setting you can do this only with Key Digital.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 09:16:12 am by Myro Control »

QuintinE

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 04:08:55 am »
Hi, i need to know how many zones of wyrestorm are supported. I Can multiple wirestrom units stacked together be controlled via Russound stacked units.? I have an installation that consists of 3 c5 units connected together via r-net. I think we will need more than 1 matrix. Will myro talk to both matrices?

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 08:09:50 am »
Hi, i need to know how many zones of wyrestorm are supported. I Can multiple wirestrom units stacked together be controlled via Russound stacked units.? I have an installation that consists of 3 c5 units connected together via r-net. I think we will need more than 1 matrix. Will myro talk to both matrices?

Hi, yes you can use a single Myro:Bridge with multiple connected Russound controllers.  We currently support up to 16 zones.   How many video sources and outputs will your 3 C5 need?   

You can also daily chain Myro:Bridges together to control 2 8x8's or 4x8, etc.  Or you can use 2 Key Digital Matrix and use a single Myro:Bridge with our Key Digital (Daisy-chained A01/A02 Prefix) feature.  This works great and limits the need to manage two Myro:Bridges.

Lots of options -- but please provide a bit more detail on how many inputs / outputs you plan on using with this project.

jayday

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 10:21:28 am »
If you daisy chain two Key Digital 4x4's to a Russound, does it then function as a 4x8 to service 8 zones for video?

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 04:37:15 pm »
Yes.  That's how it works.

techelec

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2014, 03:01:46 am »
Hi Danny,

I occasionally need a 6 x 6 HDMI matrix, but the cost of a single 6 x 6 (or 8 x 8) are more than two 4 x 4 KD.  Can I use  two KD 4 x 4 to accomplish this?  I am using the Russound C5 with the Bridge.  Are there any limitations? Tx

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 01:04:30 pm »
Hi --  You sure can!

Key Digital is unique where you can "daisy-chain" their matrix.  You accomplish this by using the Key Digital (Daisy-chained A01/A02 Prefix) setting on Myro:Bridge and KD Matrix.

The only needs a single Myro:Bridge whereas other require a Myro:Bridge for each matrix.

jayday

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 09:10:00 am »
With a Russound MCA-C5, can Myro:Bridge/Matrix Switcher be controlled by MyRussound App MRA-3? Can it be managed in a zone without a keypad installed, only the MyRussound App on a iPad?

Thanks

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 08:26:18 pm »
Sure can!  If you change a zone using Keypad or App or via 3rd Party (e.g. HAI, Crestron, etc) serial port it will switch the matrix.

spotswoode@gmail.com

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2014, 02:14:33 pm »
Hello.  I currently have a Russound CAV 6.6 with Russound VM1 (Video Matrix 1) system and it's been solid.  I am now looking to upgrade to HDMI switching and your product seems to be just what I need.  A couple of question that I am hoping you can answer:

I see that Atlona products have been tested and supported.  Does this include the Atlona AT-PRO3HD66M?  If so, do you have any experience with this product and are you able to share?

If I am using my existing setup with the CAV 6.6 and VM1 connected via RNET am I able to add the Myro:Bridge and the Atlona switch do I can have new HDMI sources integrated with my existing VM1 component sources.  I ask this because it gives me a means to migrate. 

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Brian

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2014, 07:14:14 am »
Hello.  I currently have a Russound CAV 6.6 with Russound VM1 (Video Matrix 1) system and it's been solid.  I am now looking to upgrade to HDMI switching and your product seems to be just what I need.  A couple of question that I am hoping you can answer:

I see that Atlona products have been tested and supported.  Does this include the Atlona AT-PRO3HD66M?  If so, do you have any experience with this product and are you able to share?

Yes, the AT-PRO3HD66M is supported and works well with Russound and Myro:Bridge.

If I am using my existing setup with the CAV 6.6 and VM1 connected via RNET am I able to add the Myro:Bridge and the Atlona switch do I can have new HDMI sources integrated with my existing VM1 component sources.  I ask this because it gives me a means to migrate. 

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Brian

Yes, you can have both the VM1 and HDMI Matrix running together as long as your devices can output both HDMI and Component at the same time both should work fine.

Let me know if you have any further questions.