Myro Control   |   Myro:Air   |   Myro:Bridge   |   Myro:Home   |   Contact   |   Support

Author Topic: Myro:Air Packaging  (Read 14973 times)

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
Myro:Air Packaging
« on: November 24, 2013, 09:08:24 am »
Here is a sneak peek at the Myro:Air all packaged up and numbered.   The units are off for Apple Certification...

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
Re: Myro:Air Packaging
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 11:47:32 am »
Here is a rendering of the final packaging.

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
Packaging is done!
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 09:12:38 am »
Picked up the packaging from our local letterpress printer - these guys are artists!  It's like going back into the 1950's but using modern computer based files instead of letterset. The Heidelberg presses with black and chrome accents are amazing to look at - the smell of ink in the air makes it even better.   

We are now waiting for the PC board assembly to be completed (next week) and cases to arrive (2-3 weeks) and then we are ready to do final assembly and ship.   If everything goes smoothly, we may be able to ship sooner than May 1st.

I have attached a few images for you guys to enjoy.   

Letterpress plates:

The presses:

Hand stamping the serial numbers:

As you can see care is taken with each unit down to the packaging you'll probably throw away.

Feels good bringing back manufacturing to the U.S.A. (in a very small, but hopefully, impactful way :D)

WOLFman

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 09:37:03 pm »
Danny,
Thanks for sharing the progress photos.
It is truly exciting to see an American made product in the works.
Craftsmanship is always worth the wait; if there is one thing Apple has taught us....."the packaging is the icing on the cake"!
I look forward to providing feedback on my first install.......patience grasshopper!

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 09:00:50 am »
Danny,
Thanks for sharing the progress photos.
It is truly exciting to see an American made product in the works.
Craftsmanship is always worth the wait; if there is one thing Apple has taught us....."the packaging is the icing on the cake"!
I look forward to providing feedback on my first install.......patience grasshopper!

@Wolfman, exactly -- we're almost there!  Cases will be arriving end of next week.   Once we do the finally assembly, we'll be shipping out the pre-orders -- trying to get them out the door before schedule ;D

I'm excited as much as you to get them into people's hands -- we've been lucky to have pre-production units around to enjoy daily.

Best,
Danny