Myro Control   |   Myro:Air   |   Myro:Bridge   |   Myro:Home   |   Contact   |   Support

Author Topic: Russound MCA-5 HDMI Source  (Read 16245 times)

jayday

Russound MCA-5 HDMI Source
« on: March 09, 2015, 11:36:04 am »
I have installed a Russound MCA-5 and ready to order a Myro Bridge.  I want to have a HDMI STB available as one of the 8 Russound sources. Do I need a HDMI switcher to accomplish this?

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
Re: Russound MCA-5 HDMI Source
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 02:07:35 pm »
Yes, you need a matrix switcher and a Myro:Bridge to be able to use the system to switch the video source with the audio source.   Just make sure you get a matrix switcher that has enough outputs as displays in the system.

For example, if you only ever will need 3 sources (STB, Bluray, AppleTV) and have 6 zones with displays, you'll need a 4x8 Matrix leaving 1 open source and 2 open outputs for future use.

jayday

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 01:44:53 pm »
Installing Keydigital KD-4x4CSX to Russound MCA-5.  What is the best practice to install the IR control?  Should it be on the Russound or Keydigital?  I am using iPad app to control most zones and not keypads.

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 07:10:24 pm »
Hi!

Either way, I prefer IR control via the Russound, but there are pros/cons to each. 

jayday

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 06:40:32 am »
Thanks.
Using the Russound IR, are keypads required? Have you seen installations using only the iPad app to control each zone with perhaps an external IR connection to the MCA common IR port?

Myro Control

• Administrator
  • Onwards and Upwards!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 04:30:14 pm »
Yes, you will need keypads for the Russound for the easiest installation.  If you don't have keypads, then the via Matrix is the way to go.